Monday 4 July 2011

I Believe I Can Fly!

Today was unlike any other day.

Today I jumped out of a plane...

...at 15,000 feet. Thats fifteen thousand feet! Haha, had to reiterate that, I can hardly believe it myself.

It. Was. Amazing.

The best thing I've ever done!!! I was super excited as we got in the plane and when it took off I was just psyched up so much! When it came to the point for me to jump I just thought 'nooo.....' but I knew I wanted to do it and there's no going back anyway because your tandem master (the guide you're attached to) WILL jump!! So we edge to the edge of the plane door, I'm hanging there,legs dangling out of a moving plane at 15,000 feet high thinking 'What am I DOING?!!' and then we fall. It is actually physically breath-taking. I freefalled for 60 whole seconds, and it takes about 20 seconds for it to kick in what is actually happening. You are travelling at 200 kilometres per hour towards the ground! There's another skydiver filming you and taking photos, so it is rather reassuring to see another person jumping below you! He shakes your hand and makes you smile while you're falling! 

The wind resistance causes your face to go all wobbly, you feel like you can't get a breath at first but after those first 10-20 seconds you just start loving it. I didn't want the parachute to open yet, I wanted to fall forever! (Not to the ground,obv! lol.)

It seems like 2 seconds until your parachute opens and you're gliding along, free as a bird over beauutiful views,lake Taupo, Mount Taranaki wayyyy over on the east coast of NZ (Taupo is in the middle!) and you really can see for miles and miles around you. This is a great chance to just take it all in, reflect on what just happened!

"I JUST JUMPED OUT OF A PLANE!!!"
"YES, YES YOU DID!!"

That was the just of the conversation when the parachute opened between the tandem master and I haha.


A few awesome little photos follow.... 

Enjoy!!!










As you can see in some I have a massive smile on so I was clearly loving it and it's true. I'd do another one in a minute!!!



5 comments:

  1. Wee bird! I love it!
    My turn:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it! Ive always wanted to do this. Well done girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooooow, you've got guts, i could never do something like that, i bet it was an amazing experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my goodness. This looks amazing and so scary at the same time haha!! It's so awesome someone took photos for you! Thats so amazing, I don't know if I would ever have the guts to do it! You go girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete