Sunday 24 April 2011

Auckland & Bruno Mars

This week I spent a few days in Auckland, a really really busy city. I mean, I'm glad I did not get stuck in any rush hour traffic because driving through it normally is just hectic! I really love city living though..I would need to as I'll be living in Glasgow for the next few years come September!

The one thing I love about big cities is the wide wide range of shops, bars and restaurants. We did a mini pub crawl, going from bar to bar and ending up at a bar at sky city, where they charge $10 for the smallest glass of "Spanish" wine! Turned out to be quite a hilarious night!


I did quite a bit of shopping while up in Auckland..I feel like I have hardly any clothes at all since I had to pack so light! So I'm adding to my NZ wardrobe bit by bit :)
I decided that I needed new foundation so wanted to try some Mac cosmetics because when I watch beauty YouTube videos, a lot of people put their trust in Mac products and I'd never actually tried it before! Also, Elle loves her Studio Fix foundation, so I thought i would give it a try.
*(This could end up turning into a beauty blog as well!!)*
Studio Fix Foundation NC15

Pro Longwear Concealer NC15
I got a colour match done and when I first looked in the mirror, I just thought "oh dearr..I look sooo pale!" I do have quite pale skin but it looked ghostly..until she put the blusher and bronzer on. Then I loved it..so I got the foundation and the concealer in the same shade to save me searching around for a match. I didnt intend on spending just as much..as Mac is way more expensive here in NZ than at home in the UK!

So the actual reason we went to Auckland in the first place was to see the beautiful Bruno Mars! This guy has some serious talent, and he was just perfect live. A real crowd pleaser! I respect artists that have come from nothing, trying their hardest to make it, and get discovered after working so hard. Bruno Mars started out in bars, and said "do you guys mind if we do what we used to do..and just play a little whatever for 3 minutes..?"




He started into Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana...mixing that into Billy Jean by Michael Jackson and then Seven Nation Army by The Whitestripes. It was a pretty impressive remix!

So overall it was an amazing concert, and a really great few days in Auckland. I can't wait to go back up for a few more days for shopping and clubbing with Elle as well :D

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go up for more shopping Chlo!! Woo:D Gonna be fun, Love BM, hes a sexy wee thing! LOL so jealous. Also Auks is AMAZE!! Canny wait:D:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, sounds like a fun few days! The money spent on Mac products is definitely worth it I think, because they are such great quality! Also, so jealous you saw Bruno Mars, he is amazing!! x

    ReplyDelete